Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do I make my nail polish stop peeling?

I've never really had any issues with my nail polish chipping, but it peels like crazy. It comes off in one big whole strip, just like a band-aid! I think its in part because I have to use three coats: one coat of nail growth treatment, then two coats of color. I need the growth treatment, it helps sooooo much, and I know using one thick coat of color is just going to make it peel easier. So is there any way I can make it stop peeling?How do I make my nail polish stop peeling?
Cosmetologist/nail tech of 25 years here!!


Ok..your nails are probably oily and that is what is causing the lifting.


You need to try these couple of things. Prep the nail plate by taking a cotton ball with alcohol and cleaning off nail plate. This removes all oils and depletes the oils which cause lifting.


You need to avoid contact with skin tissue around the nail plate ...because oils seep under the polish and causes lifting.


There is also a skin called a teringium that is sometimes stuck to the nail plate...around the cuticle area....this needs to be loosened and or removed to prevent skins oils from accumulating.


There is a great...fantastic product by CNL called Sticky. When applied as a base coat is sticky...and it adheres the polish to the nail plate better.


Use fresh polish...and store your polish in the refrig...the coolness keeps polish from thickening....


Top coat is another protective coat that can make your polish last a lot longer....


Try these things and see if they resolve the issues you are having.


I hope my answers are useful to you and good luck!!How do I make my nail polish stop peeling?
Sounds like you need to put on a base coat %26amp; a top coat. OPI is a great brand to use, base %26amp; top coat come in the same bottle. It makes my nail polish stay on weeks %26amp; it never peels off. Use the nail growth stuff then put the OPI stuff overtop %26amp; then apply your nail polish. Also try to use a better brand of nail polish, it makes a big difference.
rub nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol on your nails, because it gets rid of any oils on your nail, which make the polish peel.
Try using Sally Hansen clear coat on top once your other polish dries. (I buy it at a drug store or WalMart). Its fairly cheap and it really helps your nails if you continue to use it.
clear on top and good polish, not cheap





mine?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?…
If you put on a clear coding after the colored nail polish is dry it won't peel off as fast
Use high quality nail polish and then put a good top coat over it.
dont use the nail growth and use two coats of color, then a thin clear top coat...hope this helps...also sally hanson makes a cuticle pen that puts moisture all around the nail bed and I love it..
use a reallly good top coat over the color.


And dont get cheap nail poilish
  • curly hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    freckles